Reviewing my goals for the year 2019.
What I have been up to, what I am doing now, and what I’ll be aiming at for the next 3 months for flexibility:
- I’ve been working with Stacey Nemour’s online flexibility courses, and it’s doing me worlds of good. You can find my post series about the videos included in the dancer’s package here.
- I’ve been regularly (once or twice a week, especially on ballet-class days!) rolling my feet.
- I am now working with a few new add-ons to Staceys course. I will post about these in the coming weeks.
- I have (re)started a mini evening stretching routine (I will post about this soon as well)
- I have started using ankle weights for working on my side splits.
- I want to start working with Staceys courses more regularly (at least 3 times a week)
- Work on side splits with ankle weights (at least 3 times a week)
- Practise oversplits (gently!) with a foam roller (at least 3 times a week)
- Keep at it with the daily evening stretch routine
- Make sure I drink water first thing in the morning (not just coffee) and right before bed.
- Do leg swings once a day
- Try my splits (all 3 sides) at least 3-5 times a week
- Use the ‘splits machine’ after Taekwondo class
- Keep doing cooldown stretches after Martial Arts
- Add cooldown stretches after ballet
- Do a small relaxation/rolling session once a week.
- Take pictures to record progress once a month (or every two two weeks)
Goals for 2019
- Front splits (left and right)
- Side splits (finally!)
- Double-handed leg grab while standing (front or side)