A list of the ‘feel-good’ parkour exercises we did to kick off this summer’s MoveSpiration event.
Station 1 – Yoga Blocks
- 1: Calf raises and drops
- 2: 1-Hip raises, drops and circles
- 3: Turnout/in (on 2 blocks)
Station 2 – Stacey Straps
- 1: Ankle mobility/stability
- 2: Lying-down butterfly
- 3: Freestyle strap stretch
Station 3 – YTU Balls
- 1: Clavicle/chest/neck release
- 2: Lats (shoulder/armpit/back)
- 3: Hips & glutes
Station 4 – Foam Rollers
- 1: Lie on back (long roller)
- 2: Lower legs & inner thighs
- 3: Glutes release
Station 5 – Light Weights
- 1: Snake arms & port de bras
- 2: Lying on back
- 3: Bear crawl/bird dog
Station 6 – Happy Feet
- 1: Foot roller
- 2: Roll/Pick up ball
- 3: Scrunch/pick up/throw-catch mini towels
Station 7 – All the Abs
- 1: Duo-ab leg push
- 2: Sit up with diagonal punch
- 3: Stretch out & rest (or plank! :))
Note: Each of these exercises only takes a minute, but you can go always longer if you feel it has benefits.
Ideally precede these with a bit of full body relaxation, deep breathing, body tapping and/or gentle joint movements, as we did in class.
Also, if you feel like it, I recommend briefly testing and re-testing your pliés, relevés and ranges of motion in hips/legs & shoulders/arms.
And – why not – try/retry your shimmies! 🙂
Let me know what your favourite exercises are, and/or whether you have any questions about how they work.