Hello dear all,
Below you‘ll find a step-by-step description of the exercises shown in my free(!) downloadable/streaming Ankle & Hip Conditioning Mini-Routine which I send to all my newsletter subscribers.
If you haven’t seen the video version yet, you can get it here: www.subscribepage.com/Khalida_Dance_Updates
Note: For a printable .pdf version of the exercise list below go to Free_ankle_hips_conditioning_routine.
- Repeat every movement 5-10 times on each side.
- You’ll need a set of 2 yoga blocks and a wall/barre to hold on to for balance.
- Remember to breathe, and enjoy!
Feet & Ankles
- Calf Raises (keep straight legs at all times – lower/lift one heel at a time behind the block, optionally repeat with both heels together)
- Foot Stretches (gently stretch your feet one by one ‘over’ the block)
- Soleus Stretch (bend and straighten your back leg while your heel is dropped – not pictured)
- Repeat on other side.
- Double Leg Stretch (bend forward from the hips, anchoring the block with another block – not pictured)
- 1-Hip Lifts & Drops (Standing leg stays fully straightened!)
- ‘Floating’ Hip Circles (front & back)
- Repeat 1-Hip Lifts & Drops (same side)
- Stepdowns (Carefully bend and straighten the leg that’s on the blocks)
- Repeat all on other side
That’s it – repeat once a day 🙂
Let me know how you feel after doing this routine!
If you haven’t seen it yet, I’ve also created a free 2,5 minute dancealong video excerpt from ‘Balletic Moves for Bellydance’. You can download/stream it at: Free Balletic Moves for Bellydance Dancealong Routine
PS: if you’d like to purchase the full (nearly 120 minutes!) online class, go to gum.co/ballet4BD
See my full online class/DVD library at khalidadance.com/online and khalidadance.com/DVDs