An update on my Martial Arts goals for 2019:
- Continue going to HDGD and TKD class 2 times a week if possible
- A self defense workshop is in the charts for May, as well as practising what we‘ve learned.
- Flexibility work has fallen a bit to the wayside the past few weeks. Will get back ‘on it’ (and update the blog!) starting today.
- Mr E and I have studied intensely for our 1st Dan grade (black belt test) – and we both passed it in March! Now to add new goals (see below)
- N.b. Teat preparation included studying the Korean TKD terms of all of the movements in our forms, I’ll keep this up for the new forms we learn.
New goals for Taekwondo:
- Continue kicking practise (basics – front, back and roundhouse kick)
- Work on a higher yeop chage (side kick)
- Practise my right spinning hook kick (I worked mostly on the left side for the belt test) to even it out
- Clean up my stances in forms
- Stay calm during sparring (aka breathe)
- Get to full side and front splits
- Plan a Taekwondo Photo Shoot
New goals for Haidong Gumdo:
- Ace the next kup (coloured belt) test in June
- Work hard towards HDGD Open Championships in June
- Clean up my stances and second form
- Practise form 1,2,3
- Survive the Easter Weekend workshop in Amsterdam with EUHDGD Headmaster Han.
- Work on my jumps (and landings!)
- Work on my right-to-left horizontal cut
- Reread ‘listening to the sound of the sword’