A short recap of the last workout/strength practise session of the month – in this case also our Taekwondo belt test preparation workout.
This February has been action-packed, with lots of dance events (and thus plenty loaded carries!), but not as much time taken on Sundays for focused strength work.
Nevertheless, we managed to squeeze in 2 gentle strength practise sessions in the past week weeks.
This is a recap of what I did in the latest session:
Breath work, meditation
- 115 ‘regular’ jumps (no break)
- 50L + 50R one-legged skips
- 50 speed jumps
- 35 high-knee jumps (both legs)
- ‘Simple & Sinister‘ Warmup, 8kg
- 2 x 10 swings with 16kg
- 3 DL with 24 kg (two hands)
- 2 DL with 24 kg (one hand – RL)
- 10 swings with 24 kg
- 3 x TGU (L/R) with 8kg
- 1 x TGU (L/R) with 12 kg
- ’Simple & Sinister’ Cooldown
- Extra Stacey stretches for the hips, inner thighs, shoulders, quads and hamstrings
And you? What is your current favourite workout/movement/strength practice routine?
Let me know!