So.. only a few weeks to go before this year’s ballet recital of Ballettschule Renoldi in Aachen, DE
This year I will be dancing in a few of the intermediated/advanced student group dances, including – some of these – on pointes.
A first for me.. dancing on stage en pointes at 40(!)
- Camille Saint-Saëns ‘Carneval der Tiere’ (for the kids)
- Jean-Philippe Rameau’s ‘Les Indes Galantes’ (adults)
- Léon Minkus’ ‘Don Quixote’ (adults)
I still have some work to do 🙂
First of which, sewing new shoes! I’ve documented the last bout here.
Next to that, I will be working on strengthening and mobilizing my ankles and feet in the coming weeks, as well as working on my turnout.
I found a few great mini-follow-along tutorials for this (thank you, Lisa Maree!) on youtube:
Other than that:
- practicing simple ballet basics! (tendus, pliés, relevés,..)
- working on my flexibility (with a bit of help from Stacey :))
- working on pointe basics (in class and at home)
- and – of course – practicing the actual choreographies – at home, in my head, and at rehearsals in school.
What will you be working on this winter?