‘Throughout this whole program, it’s about letting go’
This is part 7 of a series on Stacey Nemours fantastic online
course package for dancers.
Check out the full series here:
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 1
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 2
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 3
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 4
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 5
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 6
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 7
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 8
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 9
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 10
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 11
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 12
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 13
Stacey’s Dance! Flexibility Makeover Power Pack contains several courses.
I will be working with/posting about them in the following order:
- 1 – Flexibility Makeover for Dancers held back by Tightness
- 2 – Extensions for Days
- 3 – Competition prep for Gymnasts
- 4 – The Cheerleaders Flexibility System
- 5 – Pre-Pro to Pro Flexibility Training
- 6 – Dance Pre Competition Training
- 7 – Extensions into Infinity
- 8 – Flexibility Makeover with Top Female High Diver (part 1 + 2)
- 9 – Flexibility Makeover for Rhythmic Gymnastics (part 1 + 2)
- 10 – Synchronized Swimmers Flexibility (part 1 + 2)
- 11 – Flexibility Makeover for Competitive Dancers (part 1+2)
- 12 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- 13 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility vol. 2
Note: use code ‘khalidadance’ for 10% off all Stacey’s courses, straps and course packages at flexibilitymakeover.com
Course 7 – Extension into Infinity
- Module 1: introduction and before pictures – 4:32 minutes
- Module 2: Main video – 39:40 (the final 3-4 minutes combine flexibility re-tests with splits, bridges/backbends and extensions usings Staceys stretching straps)
Intermediate to advanced
- A set of yoga blocks (I use 2)
- Some clear wall space
- Optional, but highly recommended: a Stacey stretching Strap (or 2 straps if you want to intensify the exercises)
Follow-along demonstration by Bobbie and voice over/coaching by Stacey.
Bobbie Allannah (dancer)
What I like about it:
I like that the main portion of this course is on the short side compared to the other courses of the package.
This means I can use it in combination with one of the longer courses on days when I have more time, or on it’s own as a deep warmup before ballet or martial arts class.
I deeply enjoy the longer stretch videos of the course pack, but it’s really nice to have a shorter option included as well.
Last but not least, I love Bobbie’s beautiful foot lines and posture during the exercises, as well as the gorgepus balances she demonstrates with the strap at the end of the video – an inspiration!
What it does for me:
Working with this video helps me maintain and even gently progress(!) my flexibility – even on days where time is shorter.
Effects after a few sessions:
I notice that my front bend is deeper, and that my outer hips are starting to feel more ‘alive’ and relaxed after working with the video a few times.
My favourite exercise:
The ‘crossed-leg’ hamstring stretches about halfway the video were a revelation to me.
I could feel a release happening in new-to-me places, yet I was still able to control the depth of the stretch quite easily.
If you have this course, too: Let me know what your favourite exercises are!