“As long as you keep flexible, and keep the belief in your mind, you can do this for a long time.”
This is part 8 of a series on Stacey Nemours fantastic online
course package for dancers.
Check out the full series here:
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 1
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 2
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 3
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 4
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 5
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 6
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 7
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 8
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 9
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 10
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 11
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 12
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 13
Stacey’s Dance! Flexibility Makeover Power Pack contains several courses.
I will be working with/posting about them in the following order:
- 1 – Flexibility Makeover for Dancers held back by Tightness
- 2 – Extensions for Days
- 3 – Competition prep for Gymnasts
- 4 – The Cheerleaders Flexibility System
- 5 – Pre-Pro to Pro Flexibility Training
- 6 – Dance Pre Competition Training
- 7 – Extensions into Infinity
- 8 – Flexibility Makeover with Top Female High Diver (part 1 + 2)
- 9 – Flexibility Makeover for Rhythmic Gymnastics (part 1 + 2)
- 10 – Synchronized Swimmers Flexibility (part 1 + 2)
- 11 – Flexibility Makeover for Competitive Dancers (part 1+2)
- 12 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- 13 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility vol. 2
Note: use code ‘khalidadance’ for 10% off all Stacey’s courses, straps and course packages at flexibilitymakeover.com
Course 8 – Flexibility Makeover with Top Female High Diver
- Module 1: introduction and before pictures – 7:40
- Module 2: Main video – 58:01 (the final 5 minutes combine flexibility re-tests with front and side splits, bridge/backbends and pike/forward bend)
- Module 3: Bonus Session! – 31:15 (including flexibility re-test in the final 3-4 minutes)
Beginner to Intermediate
Props (main session):
- A set (or 2 sets) of yoga blocks
- Some clear wall space
- Optional, but highly recommended: a Stacey stretching Strap (or 2 straps if you want to intensify the exercises)
- A set of light hand weights (5-8 pounds)
Props (bonus session):
- Some clear wall space
- A Stacey stretching Strap (or 2 straps if you want to intensify the exercises)
Recorded Skype Session
Lysanne Richard (Top Female High Diver)
What I like about it:
I love that this course feels very gentle, and has a lot of emphasis on opening the upper body and neck area as well as the hamstrings.
It has a longer (1 hour) deep flexibility session as well as a super compact (30-minute) bonus session, which is perfect when there is not a lot of time for flexibility work before practise, or when I want to do multiple courses in one day.
What it does for me:
Working with this course (along with some excellent tips for relaxation from Stacey in her FB support group for Course pack members) has helped me release some very long-standing neck and shoulder issues.
This in turn is freeing me up to go deeper when working with the other courses from the program, so I am very much looking forward to revisiting the course.
Effects after a few sessions:
As mentioned above, I now have much more freedom in my neck/shoulder area than before.
PS: You can find a before-after of the very first time I worked with this course (as a morning stretch) in this Post.
My favourite exercise:
I absolutely love the very simple (but highly effective!) shoulder/chest opening variations in both videos.
If you have this course, too: Let me know what your favourite exercises are!