This is part 11 of a series on Stacey Nemours fantastic online
course package for dancers.
Check out the full series here:
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 1
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 2
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 3
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 4
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 5
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 6
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 7
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 8
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 9
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 10
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 11
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 12
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 13
Stacey’s Dance! Flexibility Makeover Power Pack contains several courses.
I will be working with/posting about them in the following order:
- 1 – Flexibility Makeover for Dancers held back by Tightness
- 2 – Extensions for Days
- 3 – Competition prep for Gymnasts
- 4 – The Cheerleaders Flexibility System
- 5 – Pre-Pro to Pro Flexibility Training
- 6 – Dance Pre Competition Training
- 7 – Extensions into Infinity
- 8 – Flexibility Makeover with Top Female High Diver (part 1 + 2)
- 9 – Flexibility Makeover for Rhythmic Gymnastics (part 1 + 2)
- 10 – Synchronized Swimmers Flexibility (part 1 + 2)
- 11 – Flexibility Makeover for Competitive Dancers (part 1+2)
- 12 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- 13 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility vol. 2
Note: use code ‘khalidadance’ for 10% off all Stacey’s courses, straps and course packages at flexibilitymakeover.com
Course 11 – Flexibility makeover for Competitive Dancers
- Module 1: Preparation 1:24 – Tips for getting the highest results 1:55
- Module 2: Before pictures 0:53 and results preview 2:57
- Module 3: Main video (the final 10-12 minutes combine flexibility re-tests with oversplits practice, backbends, extensions and ‘floor needles’) 1:14:30
- Module 4: Bonus exercises to remedy shoulder pain 05:03
Beginner-plus to (very) Advanced
- A set of yoga blocks
- Some clear wall space
- A sturdy table, counter or door handle
- Optional, but highly recommended: a Stacey stretching Strap (or 2 straps if you want to intensify the exercises)
- Water (it’s a longer video, so it’s great to have some hydration nearby)
- Your body 🙂
Recorded Skype Session
What I like about it:
This course (the main video) is quite long, which is great for deeper work.
Stacey takes her time to guide Kaylee through the stretches – repeating left and right – with a bit of extra time for the tighter side.
This is excellent for recalibrating flexibility imbalances – in other words, good for everyone 🙂
Another thing I absolutely love is Kaylee’s spirit. You’ll see what I mean when you try the course.
What it does for me:
I’ve noticed that the extra time for my/our tighter side feels very healing.
Especially the deeper work on opening the hips, hamstrings, hip flexors and quads.
Effects after a few sessions:
I’m noticing my hamstrings are feeling more ‘even’ on both sides, which is amazing.
For years my left side has been tighter, thus less comfortable to stretch.
The difference after just a few sessions is highly motivating.
My favourite exercise(s):
I especially loved:
- The quad/hip flexor opening/strengthening exercise shown in the picture – feels so good!
PS: If you have this course, too: Let me know what your favourite exercises are!
Next up: Part 12