Check out the full series here:
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 1
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 2
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 3
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 4
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 5
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 6
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 7
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 8
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 9
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 10
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 11
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 12
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 13
Stacey’s Dance! Flexibility Makeover Power Pack contains several courses.
I will be working with/posting about them in the following order:
- 1 – Flexibility Makeover for Dancers held back by Tightness
- 2 – Extensions for Days
- 3 – Competition prep for Gymnasts
- 4 – The Cheerleaders Flexibility System
- 5 – Pre-Pro to Pro Flexibility Training
- 6 – Dance Pre Competition Training
- 7 – Extensions into Infinity
- 8 – Flexibility Makeover with Top Female High Diver (part 1 + 2)
- 9 – Flexibility Makeover for Rhythmic Gymnastics (part 1 + 2)
- 10 – Synchronized Swimmers Flexibility (part 1 + 2)
- 11 – Flexibility Makeover for Competitive Dancers (part 1+2)
- 12 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- 13 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility vol. 2
Note: use code ‘khalidadance’ for 10% off all Stacey’s courses, straps and course packages at flexibilitymakeover.com
Course 12 – Secrets of Splits and Flexibility
- Module 1: Introduction 2:58
- Module 2: Main video 36:39
Beginner to Intermediate/Advanced
- Some clear wall space
- A sturdy table, counter or door handle
- A chair or step stool
- A Stacey stretching Strap (or 2 straps if you want to intensify the exercises) or a towel, yoga strap
- A set of ankle weights
Digitalized instructional DVD
What I like about it:
I like that this course is short and sweet, but can be lenghtened easily by simply pausing the video and repeating sides and/or taking some extra time to go deeper into a stretch wherever needed.
It contains a few slightly different, yet highly effective exercises which greatly complement the other courses in the bundle(s).
I love that Stacey works with ankle weights for some of the leg work in this video, as well as a strap for stretching (note: I now use my Stacey Strap instead of the yoga strap), a wall, and a chair – demonstrating different ways to spot yourself for different stretches in the video.
What it does for me:
Doing this session, no matter whether I follow the pace of the course or go a bit slower with ‘switching/breathing breaks’, it always leaves me feeling open, energized and ready to practice – it’s quite deep work, but it still gives me a ‘boost’ afterwards.
Effects after a few sessions:
I’m noticing my leg kicks are getting a bit stronger, and my hamstrings open up more easily, which might very well be because of the ankle weight work (I’ve invested in a slightly heavier set :))
My favourite exercise(s):
I especially loved:
- The ankle weights mini-workout for the quads, hamstrings and inner thighs – a fantastic conditioning set for active flexibility and controlled range of motion, which is useful for dancers as well as for martial artists!
Next up: Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 13
PS: If you have this course/DVD, too: Let me know what your favourite exercises are!