THE TIME IS NOW. Do you ever think (or feel) ‘I am too old (or: it’s too late) to start with… xyz ?’
Don’t believe that thought.
There is more learning potential in each of us.
We can change, evolve, grow.
Learn new skills.
My first pointes class was at 37 (I still love it today, at 42!) – and I started ballet as an adultChange our habits for the better.
Update how we view ourselves and the world.
Even as adults. Especially as adults.
- I started working in IT at 21
- I took on belly dance at 23
- I started taking adult ballet classes at 27 (for cross training! but now I love it simply for how much I keep on learning)
- I began studying/performing/teaching dance full time at 32
- I joined my first taekwondo class at 36
- I started taking pointes classes at 37 (thanks to taekwondo 🙏🏻 I’ll share more on this later on)
- I began studying korean sword art (haidong gumdo) at 39 (and am training for my first black belt degree as we speak!)
And today, at almost 42, I am preparing for my second degree black belt test in TaeKwonDo.
(UPDATE: we made it! Thank you for all the well wishes!)
A bit surreal, right?
I would have never known that this was possible without taking on that very first try-out class.
It’s never too late.
Take that class.
Read that book.
Sign up for that course.
Follow your interests.
Pursue whatever makes your heart beat faster.
Invest in yourself.
Life is short.
You may as well learn a thing (or two!) while you are here.
It time/age/duration were not an issue, what would you love to learn/start/do right now?
Let me know in the comments below!
PS: If ‘taking better care of myself, get a bit stronger, move more, improve my posture, find gentle movement inspiration, dance, do something for me’ happens to be on that list..
UPDATE: There’s only a few days left for our Early Bird BOOST Discount! Sign up HERE before December 31st to become a 2022 BOOSTie.