I’ll be writing a new blog post series soon on my experiences with Stacey Nemours new Martial Arts Power System online flexibility course package.
I will be working with this online video series from home, as well as posting updates on my progress every now and then.
Part of the classes I’ll be writing about have overlap with the 2 course packages I have already blogged about in the past, so if you want to read ahead about my experiences with those, check out the links below.
Existing Blog post series:
- Stacey has an advanced/intermediate package for dancers featuring 13 courses
- And a beginner package, featuring 7 courses, which is suitable for everyone.
- Then there’s the mixed level martial arts package, featuring 12 courses, about which I’ll be writing next
Note: Even though I dance, and have worked with both series already, I have been practicing mostly with Stacey’s beginner’s course lately, as we haven’t been able to get outside the home much, and they are a great way to de-stress.
Other flexibility related posts:
Also, I have created a page listing free stretching videos that Stacey has released in the past. These are great for a quick stretch and release, and they will give you an idea of Stacey’s gentle but effective teaching style – They are taught from her home, which I adore.
I’ve also written before about how we can create a sense of safety which will help increase the effectivity of all flexibility work. You can find it here: Stretching the senses.
Stacey has generously allowed me to be an affiliate for her program, which means that if you use my discount code ‘khalidadance‘, you will get 10% off all purchases (on courses as well as stretching props) on www.flexibilitymakeover.com – and I will, next to that, get a percentage of the sales that are created with this code.
I’ve started blogging about Stacey’s courses before this offer was made to me though, and I happily would continue to do so without it as well.
In short, I find Stacey to be an incredibly knowledgeable, gentle and kind teacher, whose work I am very happy exists in the world, so I truly want to try and share it with as many people as I can.
On getting into the splits:
As some of you know, this blogging adventure started after I purchased Stacey’s first online courses a few years ago, and they, quite unexpectedly to me, helped me get into my splits for the first time in my life at 37, completely pain-free!
Which, to me, still feels like a small – or rather, fairly big! – miracle.
That being said, I still want to work on improving my flexibility, not just for the splits, but for my overall wellbeing and to have as much freedom of movement as I can, in life as well as in dance and martial arts.
On Motivation and Health:
I have noticed that over time, my ‘base’ flexibility has stabilized, and if I cooldown regularly using the stretches I’ve learned, I have less and less achings (which used to occur after a heavy class), even during times when I am not working with the courses very regularly.
At times when I do work with the courses diligently – even for just a few days in a row – I immediately notice a big difference.
To remind myself that this truly works, and to motivate myself to keep investing in my body’s health and flexibility – it can be very easy to forget – I have been (and will be) posting progress pictures and before/afters every now and then.
However, even though progress reports and goals can be great for motivation, it helps, for me, to at the same time see flexibility work as something I do for health – something nice and good for my body and mind.
And to keep breathing.
This helps me avoid putting myself under internal pressure, which would only lead to unneccesary frustration.
So for me these days, it’s all about making flexibility work a healthy habit.
That being said, read on to see my previous posts on Stacey’s courses 🙂
Let me know if you are working with them, too!
Stacey’s Beginner Flexibility Course
Check out the full existing blog post series here:
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 1
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 2
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 3
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 4
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 5
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 6
- Stacey Nemour Beginners Ultimate Flexibility – Part 7 (I’m working on this one as we speak!)
Courses in the Beginner’s Bundle
Stacey’s Beginner’s Ultimate Flexibility Makeover Guide package contains the following online courses:
- 1 – Flexibility At Any Age
- 2 – Secrets to Splits and Flexibility
- 3 – Flexibility Makeover for Dancers held back by Tightness
- 4 – Claim Your Posture Back!
- 5 – Easing Pregnancy Aches and Pains
- 6 – Complete Track and Field Flexibility
- 7 – Stretching for the Least Flexible People on the Planet
Stacey’s Dance! Power Pack Flexibility Course
Check out the full blog post series here:
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 1
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 2
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 3
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 4
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 5
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 6
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 7
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 8
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 9
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 10
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 11
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 12
- Stacey Nemour Dance! Pack – Part 13
Courses in the Dance! Power Pack Bundle:
Stacey’s Dance! Flexibility Makeover Power Pack package contains the following online courses:
- 1 – Flexibility Makeover for Dancers held back by Tightness
- 2 – Extensions for Days
- 3 – Competition prep for Gymnasts
- 4 – The Cheerleaders Flexibility System
- 5 – Pre-Pro to Pro Flexibility Training
- 6 – Dance Pre Competition Training
- 7 – Extensions into Infinity
- 8 – Flexibility Makeover with Top Female High Diver (part 1 + 2)
- 9 – Flexibility Makeover for Rhythmic Gymnastics (part 1 + 2)
- 10 – Synchronized Swimmers Flexibility (part 1 + 2)
- 11 – Flexibility Makeover for Competitive Dancers (part 1+2)
- 12 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility
- 13 – Secrets of Splits & Flexibility vol. 2
Follow Stacey’s updates online
Check out Stacey’s pages below for mini tutorials, testimonials and other course updates.
You can follow her at: